Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Very Eventful Day!

It has been a very eventful day today!

I started out the morning with a text from Kayla at 5am. Precious little Skye Marie Brekke was born at 1:53am weighing 8lbs 5oz and measuring 22" long! WOOHOO! I am SO excited about Skye and can't wait to meet her! (Kayla said she will be updating their blog tomorrow evening after they get home from the hospital!)

I got to work this morning and Chloe ran upstairs with a booming "I HAVE A CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR YOU!" It was my last day for the week, so I, too, brought the gifts I had gotten for the kids. The kids had a good time with their gifts and I really like mine too! I got a candle warmer, framed pictures of the kids, an address book/date organizer, and a coupon organizer. (pictured below)



After the gift-giving/receiving excitement had worn down I called a bunch of people to let them know about little Miss Skye!

Chloe was coughing this morning and had a low-grade fever...of course, when we started making cookies for Santa, she said her tummy hurt, laid down, and proceeded to vomit everywhere =( The Dude came home from school as white as a sheet and with a fever as well.

While I was at work today I finished a few projects for various people and got Santa's cookie dough all mixed up, but no cookies got made!

After work I had to go get fingerprinted just in case an interview I had yesterday was going to proceed to the next level (background check). I brought my fingerprint card back in and was offered the job! If everything comes back in time, I will be starting by new parttime job as a Leasing Agent on January 1. I will continue my job with the kids still and do this job as well.

Ty got to open a present from Auntie Kari & Uncle Todd when I got home today...VEGGIETALES! Ty is very enthralled with his movie! Thanks Auntie Kari & Uncle Todd!



I wasn't home for long when Nick and Amanda came over!

Amanda made every green spritz cookie that you will see coming from my house this year!



I made a batch of white pretzels...my favorite!



Nick took Zac to run an errand and played with Ty before doing a normal Nick thing...sleeping on the couch!



Roger and Sue were here to hang out too...but in true fashion, I never got any pictures. I really need to get some of them soon!

Here are the Lewis children and grandchild!



Shortly after the Lewis crew left, Ty came crawling up to me with a bag of cheesey puffcorn asking for "more". He stood there and ate a peice while I walked away to pick something up off the floor.



I turned back to him and, FINALLY, the little guy was walking toward me!





It has been a crazy day...but tomorrow will be more jam-packed!

Tune in tomorrow night for more!

4 comments:

Kay Borowski said...

An eventful day for sure and an exciting one! Love the picture of our Ty guy. Once he gets going, he'll make up for lost time.
Congrats on the new job, Heather.
(I had to delete my last comment because my password got mixed in it.)

The Fyllings said...

Greatee & Morgan are so proud of you Ty.....we just knew you would be walking by Christmas!!

Sheila said...

Friendie....you are getting to be such a big boy! Grammie will buy you more cheezies soon!

Pat said...

Hey Grammie - it will be new shoes he will need as he burns up the leather.....

Heather, thanks for letting us experience his first steps, it just makes me teary eyed.

Great Gram Pat