Thursday, February 11, 2010

Merry Christmas Ty! Love, The Heimdals!

At the belated Borowski/Heimdal/Brekke/Lewis Christmas celebration, Ty got a "This is Serious Ming Ming" from the Heimdal's. (A duck that sings, rolls across the floor, has a fluttering cape, and moves around.) Unfortunately, Ming Ming wasn't working like she was supposed to, so Ty and I headed out the insanity of the construction at Walmart to exchange Ming Ming.

It must've been the first day they were in the new customer service center, because we had to wait for a LONG time before they were able to get through the one customer in front of us. Ty kept busy informing me of the the "boo" (blue) wall and various other things in the area that were "boo". When we got up to exchange Ming Ming, the lady at the desk said that they never got any of that toy so Ty wouldn't be able to exchange it, but she gave him a gift card and we headed toward the toy section.

The first aisle we visited was the car aisle. Ty went bonkers when he saw this on the bottom row...



I gave him the package and he hugged it with a big grin on his face and showed no interest in any of the other cars, trucks, or tractors that I showed him. Thinking that it was a successful shopping trip, I headed toward the checkout just to have Ty yell "COW! COW!" I looked over to see these on an endcap...



Still clutching his tractor, he started to bounce up and down in the cart when he saw that there was not only a cow, but a pig in the box. He still had money on his gift card, so I tucked the animal cars in next to him and went to cut through the sole book aisle (kids and adults) to get to the checkouts. Not five feet into the aisle the little man starts yelling again, "COW! COW!" I look to where he was pointing (he let go of his tractor with one hand) to see that, sure enough, there was another cow...



Ty let go of his tractor long enough to get the book partway open, but panicked when I tried to put his tractor in the back of the cart and clutched the book in one hand and half-hugged the tractor in the other. Still having money on his gift card, I let him hang onto the book and we, once again, headed toward the checkout! The line at the checkout was rediculously long, so we wandered over to electronics to see if there were any external iPod speakers (Emily had peeked for them at Target the week before.) As we walked past the movie aisle, Ty got excited again and started exclaiming "GINNS!" Thinking there was no possible way he could've found a Backyardigans DVD he didn't already have I looked over and...



I was wrong! With a few dollars left on his gift card and $5 of Christmas money in his wallet I added Backyardigans to his lap...where all of his purchases were, and we went to the checkout once and for all!

All the shopping must have worn Ty out, because he fell asleep in his carseat on the way home hugging his tractor! After he woke up he had a GREAT time with all of his new toys...especially his tractor!



Thanks Heimdal's!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

That is a great story book....I know...I bought it for him for Valentines Day!!!!! Oh well....Grammie can get something else. :)

rachieannie said...

Is that the Backyardigans where they give "two uggs up"? That cracks me up every time for some reason - and I always think of it when I see a situation when "two thumbs up" would be appropriate! Not sure how I feel about that considering I don't have kids and have no good excuse to be watching Backyardigans ....

H said...

It IS "two uggs up"!