Thursday, February 11, 2010

Deep Fried Battered Cauliflower

Back when I worked at Cornerstone Cafe in Rugby, ND, one of my favorite things they served was deep fried battered cauliflower. Well, I have been ranting about not being able to find it anywhere without even thinking about trying to find a recipe...until Mom brought me a cauliflower the other day! It took a little bit of searching to find a recipe that I thought might be similar to what I remembered.

The Recipe:

Cut Cauliflower into Flowerettes.



Cook Flowerettes in Salted Water.



Batter:

Combine 1 EGG and 1 TBS OIL
Add 1C MILK, 1C FLOUR, 1/4 TSP SALT

Beat until batter is smooth.



Dump Flowerettes into batter and mix to coat Flowerettes.



Deep fry until the batter is a deep golden brown.



Let cool for an ample amount of time, for they stay quite hot for a long time!



I was VERY excited when I tried them and they tasted JUST LIKE what I remembered! YUMMY!

Believe it or not, I like them dipped in Ranch...and that's about the only way I like Ranch!

You can also use the batter on mushrooms or other vegetables or meats!

No comments: