Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gingerbread Man Gift Tags

As I was gathering my supplies to wrap Christmas gifts I realized that I had no gift tags. Of course, I couldn't just grab any old Sharpie and write on the wrapping paper...I have done this before and it drove me crazy! So I drew up a plan and got to work making gift tags.

Supplies:

-2 12x12 Sheets White Cardstock
-1.5 12x12 Sheets Brown Cardstock
-12x12 Paper Cutter
-Cricut Machine with Tools & "Stretch Your Imagination" Cartridge
-Zig 2 Way Glue Pen
-Red Fineline Marker
-Edge Stencil Punch
-Scissors
-Snowflake Punch
-Lime Green Ceramcoat Paint
-White Flat #2 Paintbrush
-White Mist Scribbles 3D Paint
-Green DMC Floss



I also laid down some Parchment Paper to protect my table and used a paper plate from last Christmas for the paint.



Step 1: Cut White Cardstock into 3"x4" peices.
Step 2: Cut Brown Cardstock into 6"x12" peices.



Step 3: Put Brown Cardstock through the Cricut to cut Gingerbread Men.
Step 4: Use Cricut Tools to remove cutout pieces from Gingerbread Men.



Step 5: Glue Gingerbread Men to White Cardstock.
Step 6: Use Red Marker to make little clusters of dots around Gingerbread Men.
Step 7: Use Edge Punch on two edges of the white tags.
Step 8: Use Scissors to cut tag to join the edges. (Tag will be smaller then 3x4.)
Step 9: Use Paintbrush to Dry Brush Ceramcoat Paint around edges of tag.
Step 10: Use 3D Paint to "decorate" the Gingerbread Men.
Step 11: String Gift Tags with DMC Floss.

Approximately 3.5 hours after starting I had 33 of these cute little gift tags!



Worth it? Probably not considering they will end up in the trash with the rest of the wrapping paper after gifts are opened! However, I can fully enjoy them until then!

2 comments:

Pat said...

They do look cute......I'm sure you enjoyed making them....better now than after you start school again!

Auntie said...

Do you have a program for your cricut that prints cursive lettering all together in one word? My friend, Joey, has a cricut, but only can print one cursive letter at a time--she wants to print a whole word to make a stencil.

BTW, your name tags are ADORABLE! I didn't know you had a cricut! I am jealous!
:-)