Friday, August 28, 2009

The First

Today I received my first Avon order! I was quite excited, but got a bit overwhelmed when I saw that there were so many boxes for only nine orders!



With much assistance from Ty, I got everything organized in about 45 minutes longer then was necessary -) I had planned on taking a picture of the pile of products, but my little helper was tearing it apart faster then I could move...so I just skipped it!

Of course, I had to try all of the things I ordered for myself after I got everything in order! Here are my initial reactions to the products I purchased.

Smooth Minerals Foundation, Blush, Eye Shadow: LOVE THEM! I expected the foundation to work like a powder since it is in a loose powder "format"...it didn't! It covers great! The eye shadows and blush don't apply too dark at all so it's easy to get the perfect amount on!

Liiv Facial Exfoliator: I like it much better the the St. Ives Apricot Scrub I've been using for a few years now. The exfoliants are so tiny you can't see them, but you can feel them and they seemed to scrub away a lot more then the St. Ives did.

Costa Rica Fragrance: YUMMY! If you like subtle, somewhat melon-y scents, this one is great!

Glimmersticks WP Eye Liner: My previous eye liner (maybe Maybelline WP??) was extremely soft so it seemed to use a lot and I ran out all the time. The Glimmersticks glided on really easily and it didn't even look like I'd used it after I was finished! It will definitely last longer then my previous eye liner!

Superfull WP Mascara: I have short lashes, so the brush on this mascara made it really easy for me to use! The bristles are really short, so I was able to coat my lashes much more easily then with my Maybelline Great Looks Mascara.

Glazewear Lip Gloss: I am a lip gloss fanatic, so of course I love it! It is a colored gloss that you apply with a wand...the good and sticky stuff =) I'm ordering more in my next order!

Mist Opportunity Skin Refresher (mark): To be honest, I didn't shower this morning so I could test out this product (as well as the next one on the list). This toner spray made my skin feel clean, although it didn't really have a scent, and I was expecting it to.

Mega Volume Next Day Spray (mark): MY FAVORITE PRODUCT!!!!! You spray this in your un-washed hair to basically make your hair look clean. Well...it does that AND it makes your head FEEL clean! I will buy this over and over again!

The rest of the products I ordered are things that take time to show any results (Liiv Lip Conditioner, Anew Stretch Mark Smoother, Anew Body Contouring, Solutions Eye Lightener) but they all smelled great (Liiv is unscented) and neither of the Anew products hurt at all.

If anyone else wants to leave feedback on anything they've tried, go ahead!

If you want to try any of the products I have listed here, or anything else, you can shop at my website: http://www.youravon.com/hlewis There is FREE SHIPPING right now!

No comments: