Saturday, May 10, 2008

Up & At 'Em!

It's 6am and I'm up. Not really becaues I choose to be up...it has just happened out that way if I go to bed at a normal hour of the night. Why, you ask? The answer is simple: AMBIEN!

Now let me tell ya, ambien is great and knocking you out cold about 45 minutes after you take it...and when you do wake up to do those things that need to be done in the middle of the night (like using the bathroom or getting yet another glass of water) you stumble around like a drunken idiot, making the quest all the much longer! (It also makes you talk in your sleep and have insanely strange dreams...not that I remember them all that much.) Anyway, if I go to bed before midnight, I'm up before 6am because I wake up for the thirtieth potty run of the night and the meds have worn off. So, I'm up...I've showered, and I've eaten...all by 6am.

Okay, okay...so it isn't entirely fair that I solely blame the ambien for my current sleeping habbits. I have PUP Syndrome. (For those of you who previously heard of that lovely rash I had gotten...it has returned with a vengeance!)Apparently the rash is onset by pregnancy hormones and won't be gone until sometime after Baby T decides to finally join us out here in the real world. I am currently on my third and longest strain of PUP and it is driving me absolutely insane! I wouldn't wish a rash behind the knees, in the elbows, in the armpits, etc. on a poison oak plant! I take medication for it every six hours, it doesn't seem to do much anymore though...I also have three different topicals, which I seem to use once an hour. So, when I wake up to use the bathroom at 5am, the ambien is gone, and I itch like nothing you've ever felt before...I don't sleep anymore (until, of course...I bore myself to sleep or the rash meds take over...maybe a combination of both!)

Zac started working at Pepsi again on Thursday afternoon. Applebees promises of him becomming a server within a month of started remained unfulfilled after nearly three months of working there. On Tuesday, Zac will have his first church softball game of the summer (the late games...8pm and 9pm). He's anxious for the baby to just get here already. (Although I can't say that I differ in that area.)

The last week has actually been quite eventful. Monday I had my appointment and Timmy had a baseball game. Tuesday was Morgan and Emily's band concert. Wednesday was the only day of nothing. Thursday was Morgan and Emily's last home track meet. Friday was another one of Tim's baseball games. Matt also came home for the summer on Friday...so of course the house was filled with people. Today is Tim's JS ("The Anti-Prom")--I'm helping Linda get as close to Tim's strict specifications as possible. (What kind of guy tells you how to do your nails, hair, makeup...)

I guess it's time to go hang out on the couch and wait for someone to wake up...or fall asleep...whatever happens first!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Heather I think you could call either Gram Kay or me when you awake early! I'm sorry that you are itching all over, but hopefully that will be over soon....like before Grad so we can all enjoy Baby T when we are out there for Grad! It will be a special time and I am looking forward to meeting him.

Love,
Gram Pat

Auntie said...

Bummer--sorry to hear that you are so miserable!! I, too, had the "itch that could cause you to lose your mind"!!! It was AWFUL!! It was when I was pregnant with Abz. Have you had your gallbladder checked? Sometimes, and elevated bilirubin associated with gallbladder disease can cause excessive itching with a rash...Just a little F.Y.I.---Anyway, you have my sympathies!!! Hope it goes away soon!