Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hannah's 8th Birthday

May 15 marked Miss Hannah Rochele's 8th birthday. I had seen/fallen in love with a cute plastic doll that I walked past at Target called a Lalaloopsy (which I have since learned are a huge craze worldwide! I guess the craze hasn't hit MN yet!) I bought the Lalaloopsy doll, named Blossom Flowerpot (and who shared a birthday with my brother, Timmy) and Ty and I had her sitting on our coffee table for about a week before he asked if I would open her. I opened her, he snuggled with her and called her "Sissy," since we had talked about taking the doll to sissy's grave on her birthday. For a few days, Ty slept with "sissy" and sissy had to sit next to him when he watched a movie...I decided that I couldn't take it away from him, so I went and bought another of the same one. I also was able to get him a boy Lalaloopsy named Patch Treasurechest...which he calls "Ty Lewis."

When Hannah's birthday rolled around and we loaded up the car with the things we were bringing to the cemetery, Ty grabbed his Lalaloopsy's to bring along too.


We got everything set and sang our "Happy Birthday" and left Hannah's grave looking very eight-year-old girl, don't you think?


1 comment:

CJ Olson said...

I'm glad that Ty got a doll and Hannah has a doll!! Wow....I can't believe that Hannah would have been 8!!

I think you did a beautiful job decorating her grave site! It definitely looks 8 year oldish!!

Thinking of you!!