Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Day of Dates

On Friday I got done with work at noon.

Ty had a date with his Grandpa & Grandma (and Great Grandpa Ron) from about noon through the end of the evening. They went out for lunch, Ty took a nap, and then they played and ate chicken and strawberries.

I had a date with Allie from noon to 4:00.

I had to get work early at the last second in the morning, so we started our date at my house so I could take a shower. Allie kept busy watching Backyardigans in Ty's room.

Our first official stop in our adventure was at Uncle Wes's work. She was very excited to see Uncle Wes and pick out a wind-up dinosaur out of the toy basket. She was too shy to say much to the student shadowing Uncle Wes or to Dixie, his nurse, but she loudly proclaimed her excitement to see both him, and every picture on his bulletin board that had him in it!



We were going to eat lunch at BK, where there is a playplace...but it didn't work out so I let Allie pick a place to eat. She chose "the place with the apple"...so we pulled into Applebees. She was more excited about her strawberry lemonade then anything else! She thought I needed my picture taken too, and after 4 or 5 pictures of the table, she finally got one of me!







I promised Allie that if she ate all of her corndog at lunch, we would go and get a treat at the store. We tried on sunglasses and looked at all of the Halloween stuff (where Allie decided that she would be a mermaid, her daddy would be a giant chicken, and her mommy would be a witch). I also learned that Allie is slightly obsessive over Paul Frank clothes. Allie picked a treat of Strawberry Cotton Candy flavored Candy Corn from the Halloween candy...she picked Orange Jelly Pumpkins for everyone to share. We got a fun little coloring project for her to do with Auntie Morgan and to take home with her too.

We decided we needed a snack, so we stopped by DQ for some ice cream! We went to the park to eat it, where Allie spilled...and spilled...and spilled..... She decided that the ice cream looked like lotion, so she RUBBED IT IN to her legs and arms!





After the ice cream incident, Allie played on the playground equipment for awhile...but, she was quite distracted by all of the other kids and wasn't in the best of moods, so the experience didn't last very long.







After I dropped a very tired and slightly crabby Allie off at Grandma Sheri's house, I went home to get ready for my next date, with Zac. Mom stopped by to bring me some pink flowers from the Bluebird Gardens stand. Thanks Mom!



Zac and I started our date at Bello Cucina, the not-so-new Italian place in town. We both really liked our food =D There wasn't a movie playing that we both wanted to see, so we went and picked out a new candle for the kitchen, put gas in the car, went through the car wash, and picked up a few grocery items before going to get Ty and going home.

It was a busy, but fun day!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow...Allie had way more fun than if she would have spent another day with me! :) Thanks!

Kay Borowski said...

Sounds like a wonderful (and maybe tiring) day for all of you--a memory making day! What fun.