Monday, July 21, 2008

Last Week







Last week was a busy one!

I have actively started looking for employment in Fergus. I guess it's about time I had a real job. I have applied for a couple of jobs, the one that I'd really like being a long shot, but at least I can say I tried!

Dunkyn decided that he LOVES to be near Ty!





On Tuesday evening Zac had his weekly softball games, but Ty and I were busy at his baby shower! Amy Twedt, Denise Risbrudt, and JoAnn Levang hosted the shower at Bethel for anyone to attend. Grandma Kay and Denise shared devotions, JoAnn did a little bit of Q & A, and Malik, Emilee, and Cassandra Twedt sang "Jesus Loves Me". It was a great time and Ty got a TON of great gifts! Thanks to everyone once again!




Wednesday was my parents' 25th wedding anniversary! They spent the evening in Fargo enjoying Red Lobster, and Starbucks at Barnes and Noble. They also spent some time at Scheel's purchasing some wakeboarding gear (photos available on the Borowski Blog).

Thursday we spent the day cleaning, and the evening at Sheri's house going through all of his shower gifts again and packing them up to take them back home.

Friday night Dad, Zac and I headed to The Dark Knight (the new Batman movie). It was EXCELLENT! Heath Ledger gave the performance of his life in the role of The Joker. I do believe he will be getting a post-humous Oscar for that performance!

Saturday was a busy BUSY day for us! I got up at 4am and got Ty ready for the day. By 5:30am we were on the road to Vergas, MN for Zac's 12 mile race. Ty, Dunkyn, and I watched Zac take off and then spent a good hour and a half in the car before we made our way over to the finish line. There were plenty of little kids there to play with Dunkyn while we waited for Zac to cross the finish line. About ten minutes before Zac did finish, his uncle and family came to watch. (Dan & Julie, Jake & Molly, and of course, Snoopy the Beagle!) We were entertained for awhile by Dunky howling at the horses that were also observing the finish line right behind us. Zac finished in 1:59.





After the race, we headed to Zac's grandpa's cabin a few miles away for his annual family reunion. I hate to say that we were no fun...but it's the truth! Zac slept the majority of the time we were there. I didn't sleep, but didn't really get off the couch for the most part either! Thankfully, the people that we mainly went to see, we saw plenty of!

On Sunday we took the boat out for a lovely session of "Mable-ing" (tubing) and wakeboarding. Morgan, Emily and I hung out on Mable for a good hour plus and then, after a short break, Tim, Brooks, and I went wakeboarding (aka: purposely punishing your muscles).





Sunday also marked Ty's Eight Week "birthday"! Only eight weeks, and the little squirt is already wearing some of his 3-6 month clothes!



The End

3 comments:

Pat said...

Wow, nothing new for awhile and then soooo much to share with us. Of course I especially like the pictures of Ty! He certainly is more alert all the time. He and Dunkyn will be good buddies I'm sure. Good Luck on the job hunt. I'm sure that Zac was happy to complete his run and it was nice that you were there to meet him at the finish line.

Gram

Kay Borowski said...

That's the cutest "end" I've ever seen! All of the pictures were great. You really did have a busy week. Good job, Zac; I'm sure you were bushed the rest of the day. We'll continue to pray for good employment for you, Heather.

Scott and Kayla said...

Those pictures are so adorable...he just keeps getting cuter and cuter! Congrats on the run Zac, my legs hurt just thinking about running 12 miles :) Love you guys and miss you!