Thursday, January 21, 2010

Keratoconus

Approximately two weeks ago I went to see an optomatrist about updating my three-year-old perscription. The doctor I saw was concerned that she couldn't correct my eyes to the degree she wanted to and referred me to an ophthamologist. After a two-hour appointment chalk-full of every test the Fergus Falls Medical Group had to offer, the ophthamologist had me make an appointment for two more tests.

Diagnosis: Keratoconus

For all of you websurfers out there who hit up webMD immediately I want to let you know that I have a MILD case of keratoconus and will NOT be requiring corneal transplants anytime in the near future (and possibly ever!) My vision will be correctable with a special type of contact lenses and they could likely be the permanant solution to my eye issues. I will be receiving my contacts in 7-10 business days and will fill you in on whether or not I can see again later on!

No comments: