Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

We had a very eventful Black Friday today!

After a wonderful night of sleep (Ty didn't wake up until 7:30 and just wanted a drink and to go back to sleep until 8:30!) we loaded up the car for an unpleasant trip to the doctor for Ty's shots and another follow-up appointment for Zac (just to get another note for work). Ty weighs just over 23lbs and is still in the 10% for his weight. He's still tall, but went from being in the 130% to the 96% for height. After the naughty pokes, we stopped by to get a sucker from Grampie before the next hated task of the day...

...TARGET! Of course, we just happened to run out of toilet paper today of all days and I had to go to Target, at noon, to do nothing but buy toilet paper. It wasn't so fun!

After we all enjoyed a lovely nap, we had to go BACK to the clinic to drop off some paperwork for Dr. L. to fill out for Zac's insurance. We were planning to put up the tree, and last year Grammie bought Ty a little tree for his room, so we braved the madness once more to run to Walmart and get $1, Ty-safe ornaments for his little tree.


Shortly after walking in the door (we didn't even have Ty's coat off), Grammie showed up to drop off some stuff. In a last second decision, Ty went to Greatee's house with Grammie to "help" Uncle Matt fiddle around with Unc's new TV. (It was really just the easiest way for me to get some cleaning done!)

Zac and I dug into our little Thanksgiving turkey when I decided that I was going to bake for awhile. I texted Zac's sister, Amanda, and she headed over to create some goodness...

...Caramel Corn...


...& Apple Pie


Of course the night couldn't go by without a little bit of interesting youTube...


...after all, what could be better then Beakman's World & Bill Nye the Science Guy?!?!?!?!


Well, I just took the apple pie out of the oven and Zac & Amanda have retreated to the basement to watch some movie...I guess I might as well go down and get some scrapbooking done since Ty is fast asleep in his cribbie!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Maite, Woody and I went into Wal-Mart for 20 minutes or so while driving to the movie.....guess who else needed toilet paper and paper towels.

Kay Borowski said...

I'm sure your store visits were challenging on Black Friday! I didn't even venture out except to go for a country walk when I discovered it was pretty nice out for late Nov. and then to go to Big Chief for a free birthday supper when Gramps finally got in from the field. Prime rib, no less! That was good.

Your baking looks delicious! How did your apple pie turn out? Sure looks good. You're pretty adventurous for a young bride, Heather.