
EMILY
Event #1:
Distance Medley Relay (200m, 200m, 400m, 800m)
Emily ran the last leg, the 800m leg, of the relay. I don't remember where her team finished...maybe when the Borowski Blog gets around to posting about the meet they will have the results!
Emily crossing the finish line!

Event #2:
Discus
Emily placed 6th in the discus with a distance of somewhere over 18'.
Winding up...

...and letting it fly!

Event #3:
1600m Run (1 mile)
There was only one other school to show up for the meet, so they combined the boys and girls from both classes together for this run. Emily finished 3rd over all, behind one boy and one girl, but took first place for the 8th grade girls! WOOHOO! I don't know her time, but hopefully the Borowski Blog will have it proudly displayed soon!
Lap #3

Finish Line

MORGAN
Event #1:
TRIPLE JUMP
Of course, I don't know any distances...but I do know that Morgan took FIRST PLACE in this event! (Sorry the pictures are fuzzy!)
Jump HIGH!

Jump FAR!

Event #2:
Long Jump
Once again, no distance to post...once again, FIRST PLACE! Maybe the Fylling Family Blog will have some distance results soon...
Reaching For It!

Event #3:
4x100m Relay (400m Relay to those of us out of school for 5+ years)
Morgan has an interesting story about this one...but she ended up sprinting from the shotput pit to the starting line just to find out her team wasn't there and a 7th grade team was short a runner...so she ran with them! Much to her disgust, her substitute team lost...but after her leg (first) her team was in second place.
Bookin' It!

Event #4:
Shotput
Back to the shotput pit AGAIN after the 4x100m Relay to get her throws in! I only got one picture thanks to my dying camera and the fact that I had to hurry over to discus to catch Emily in action.
HEAVE-HO!

GREAT JOB GIRLS! KEEP IT UP!
1 comment:
Yes, Em & Morgan I'm proud of the way you are so involved and your competative spirits! Just stay on top of the home work too.
Gram Pat
Post a Comment