Monday, March 8, 2010

Eventful Friday

Friday was a very busy day off for me!

I started out the morning with a trip to the optician to get my obnoxious contacts. Now, this is contact attempt number three and these are NOT your every-day soft contacts...they are rigid contacts. They feel like someone just stuck a toothpick into your eyeball. Every time I wear them it's a little bit better...but getting them out is a royal pain in the booty and they irritate my eyes so much that it's taking quite a bit of time to build up a tolerance for them! Anyway...optician...I was there for two hours working with those darn things!



After I got home I decided to dye my hair. My medium-brown box of hair dye turned my hair...well...



I will be dying it again sooner rathar then later! AND I will be using a different color!

After that I went onto round two of contacts...a little bit better, but I worked on getting those bloody things out of my eyes for 30 minutes when it got to that point!

Ty and I brought Zac over to hang out with Matt after emptying his "pig" and bringing his "monies" to the bank. He had $29.96!



After getting our things organized for our trip to Fargo we spent a good hour outside watching traffic since Ty LOVES whenever he can get a glimpse of a "big bus" (school bus). You can imagine Ty's excitement when the boy next door's bus pulled up right in front of us!

A little after 3:30, Dad and Emily pulled up and we loaded the car for a trip to Fargo. We jammed out to some Francesca Battistelli on the way.

Stop #1: Car Dealership
Dad needed some information on some special fluid for his car so we made our way to Valley Imports. Ty was shaking with excitement at the Porshe Carrera's and wanted nothing more then to hop in and play with all of the buttons! We got to scout out my some-day vehicles as well as the dealership had a number of VW Jettas in the lot!

Stop #2: Dick Beardsley Running Company
On June 5, 2010 we are all (not sure on Matt and Steph) participating in the Fergus Half Marathon/5K (just over 3 miles). I went running once last week in my trail hiking shoes and Dad decided that I needed a good pair of shoes. Emily was due for a new pair of shoes as well, so Dad had us head to Dick Beardsley to get some shoes!

Now, if you need a good pair of running shoes I would recommend going to Dick Beardsley. They watch the way you walk and examine your shoes to find out what kind of running shoe you need. Then they have you try on a bazillion shoes and do it all over again...then again while you're on the treadmill!

Ty was enthralled with the treadmill but lost his patience when he couldn't play on it!



Anyway--I am strange. (Not a big shocker, I know!) I found out that I walk really strangely and, therefore, don't really fit into any specific shoe catagory! After some doing, we did finally find a stability shoe that is a little bit strange for a stability shoe but can't be classified as a neutral shoe. So...strange me, with my strange way of walking, ended up with a strange shoe. Fitting, wouldn't you say?!



After failed attempts due to excessive waiting periods at Red Lobster and Olive Garden, we ate until we were comfortably full at HuHot Mongolian Grill. YUMMY! Of course, Ty dumped his lemonade all over his pants...but I came prepared with a pair of jammies! Prepared isn't always easy, however, because Ty is TERRIFIED of changing tables! He WILL NOT lay on one and SCREAMS and CLUTCHES your arm until you pick him up! Thankfully there was a chair in the bathroom stall so I had to change his diaper while he was standing up and put his jammies on before we could leave HuHot!

Dad, being his chocolate-loving, ice creaming-eating self, decided that a trip to Cold Stone was necessary before we left town! After some deliberation and a few samples (Oatmeal Cookie = good, Dark Chocolate Peppermint = Girl Scout Thin Mint), Dad left with a Germanchokolatekake (German Chocolate Cake), Emily got a Birthday Cake Remix (in a size larger then she ordered!), and I got Cheesecake with Raspberries, Graham Cracker Crust, and Brownie. Ahhh...you can always make room for Cold Stone!

It was a fun trip! Thanks again, Dad!

3 comments:

Lindsay Gietzen said...

Oh my goodness. You are hilarious. A day in the life of a mother... :) very funny.

Kay Borowski said...

Good reporting, Heather,and fun to read. Sounds like a full and fun day!

Pat said...

Get running, I don't know if Grandpa will run but he did some laps on the ship!