Zac and I decided that moving was going to be too much of a hassle, so we're just planning on staying here until right around the baby's first birthday. Since we decided to do that, we figured we better do some serious re-organizing/decorating to make more usable space for the baby.
1. The Loft: Up until now, the loft has had a futon, small fridge, desk, piano keyboard, and the guitars up there. It is being transformed into a "Heather Area" (scrapbooking, beading, etc.) and a storage area for baby things that we aren't using quite yet. I'll be painting the bright blue wall a dark, chocolate brown color. If anyone has Rubbermaid drawers or things of that nature that they do not want, let me know!
2. The Front Closet: The closet is still a modge-podge of kitchen storage, the litter box, cleaning tools, coats, and a dresser full of crafting supplies. The dresser-o-stuff is going up into the loft, the litter box is being re-located, and after all is said and done, the closet will be full of Zac's clothes and sports stuff as well as some of the kitchen stuff and a small corner of cleaning tools (broom, swiffer, vacuum...)
3. The Living Room: The living room is MOSTLY the same. We put a desk in the corner so we don't have Internet cords running all over the place. We also moved the bookshelf up into the loft and the little fridge took it's place. Funny though, just from moving things around, the whole color palatte changed! It'll be nice to get some pictures hung up on the walls...less naked in here with the tall ceilings.
4. The Hall Closet: Bye bye craft supplies, hello kitty litter...
5. The Bedroom: Zac's piano keyboard is now in the bedroom. Eventually his stuff will be out of the closet and it'll just be my stuff and baby stuff. The baby's crib (Pack 'N Play) will be in our bedroom eventually. Tiny Grandma's desk will have to be in the closet until we move out of here....unfortunately saving space means the better-looking stuff might have to be tucked away because it's smaller =(
6. The Bathroom: We're going to trade out our Palm Tree stuff for our Duckie stuff for the remainer of our time here. Hopefully our next place will have two bathrooms...so I can use all my bathroom decor at once! I'll be painting the tiny little bathroom either blue or orange. I haven't quite decided on a color yet...but I know I don't want yellow since the only "fun" thing we can put in there is a yellow ceramic duck.
After the project is over, I'll use our video camera and try to figure out how to transfer it onto our computer and post it for you all! Unfortunatly, I didn't think to take a "before" video.
2 comments:
WOW!!! Two new posts in 2008!! Was that your New Year's Resolution--to become a better blogger?? Sounds like you are keeping pretty busy with all of your organizational projects--you could come here next!! I am dying to get some pics of little Baby Lewis--I hear you may know the color of it's booties??? :-)
Post a Comment