Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas sans Pictures

It's been a very VERY long day back in Fargo after our Christmas...here's a recap!

I (Heather) worked Christmas Eve with a whopping one person coming into the studio to pick up photos in 5 hours! Zac picked me up and we (Zac, Dunkyn, and I) took off for Fergus. We got to my parents house just in time for supper, followed by gift opening and a rousing game of Apples to Apples. This year the crowd was smaller then normal =( My parents and siblings were there, along with both sets of grandparents, the Fyllings (minus Jeremy, Kara, and Allie...and Jordan for part of the night), and Woody and Maite. The highlights of the night would have to be the video camera that Zac and I got from my parents, the Rock Band game my parents got for Matt, and the Goose Blind my parents got for Timmy. Not many people in the house slept well that night as the boys (Matt, Tim, Jordan, Zac...and Woody) were up ALL NIGHT LONG playing Rock Band EXTREMELY LOUDLY!

On Christmas Day Zac and I left Dunkyn to play with good old Copper while we met up with his mom's side of the family in Fargo. LOTS of food, some gift opening, and some pouting over an electronic Deal or No Deal game later, we were back on the road to Fergus. We made it back just in time for a game of Cranium and another night of no sleep because of Rock Band blaring in the background! We also stopped at the Gorman residence on our way out of town to bring gifts over for our little peanuts, Sophie and Ailie =)

Neither Zac or I worked on the 26th, so we were able to stay in Fergus for the day. I got up for some morning shopping with Mom, Maite, and Grandma Pat at Herbergers and Hallmark. Grandma Pat treated the shoppers, plus Emily, to lunch at Applebees before making supper and taking a nap in preparation for Allie's arrival. Of course we all HATED to see Allie =) She had a good time opening gifts, throwing a plastic wrap ball across the table at Uncle Jordan and playing with the puppies. Once again, Rock Band blared ALL NIGHT LONG so I got little sleep...which was much more then Zac got since he decided to go to sleep AFTER driving us home this morning!

We technically have two Christmas celebrations left to attend, but we're only going to be able to make it to one =( Zac's dad's side is getting together here in Fargo on New Year's Day, which we'll get to after Zac is done with work in the evening. We're going to have to miss Christmas with the Heimdal's and Brekke's =( My manager at work will be vacationing in Vegas and the assistant manager's daughter is having a baby, so I'm the "in charge" person that weekend. Such is life, I guess =(

1 comment:

Auntie said...

Sounds like a busy Christmas! Just think--next year you can do it all again and you'll be dragging 20 extra pounds of baby stuff with you--maybe you had better get a MINI VAN!!!!!

:-)