Saturday, September 8, 2007

Recent Happenings!

We know, we've been slacking on updating our blog, so here are a few things that have happened over the last month:

Heather decided to go back to school! It's her first "real" college experience (she took online classes at aakers). She likes MSUM so far. Her initial major was pre-nursing, but she ended up falling in love with her sign language class on the first day and is leaning toward going to school to be an interpretor for the hard of hearing.

Heather also decided that TCBY just wasn't for her, so she found a new job. She's back at the Sears portrait studio to take pictures of little ones. It was a slight decrease in pay, but she now gets to work with two of her deepest passions: little ones and photography.

I am also attending MSUM this year, continuing my journey to become an English teacher. I am really enjoying my Literature classes (one requires us to read eight or nine novels throughout the semester). This Thursday I will find out where I will be doing my "Early Field Experience." That's just an introduction to student teaching. I will be paired up with a teacher at a local school that works in the area I'm interested in. I will then be that teacher's "go-fer:" running errands, correcting papers, and even leading a couple lessons. I'm required to do 30 hours.

I've also had a small change with work this month. I have been promoted to an assistant manager position, and that pay increase made it possible for Heather to switch jobs. I'm still enjoying the Blockbuster experience; Heather and I have become great friends with my co-workers Steve, Adam, and Kayla. Adam, Steve, and I will be attending the Atreyu concert at Playmakers this Wednesday. After a hard day's work of slinging DVDs, we can all be found at the Town Hall (a local bar) throwing darts and enjoying a good laugh. Here are some pictures from our trip to the West Fargo watering hole.

We all have great game-faces!
Adam
Zac

Steve

We all have great fat-faces, too!

1 comment:

Auntie said...

Zac--your "fat face" makes you look constipated!!!! maybe some metamucil???

good luck with that!

:-)